9. October 2016
Jacob Jensen Design behind new Nordic visual identity for vodka brand
The vodka brand DANZKA presents a new Nordic-inspired identity and simultaneously launches THE SPIRIT – a new premium vodka of the purest quality. The Danish Design house Jacob Jensen Design is behind its visual communication born in the beautiful Limfjord surroundings of the Jacob Jensen Design headquarters.
DANZKA and Jacob Jensen Design have more in common than their Danish roots: Purity, functionality and quality are also key words for them both. Now these two brands reveal their new collaborative project, since Jacob Jensen Design is in charge of a notable revitalisation of the entire DANZKA visual communication platform, which will bring the brand even closer to Denmark where it saw the light of day back in 1989.
NEW DESIGN REACHES BACK TO THE DANISH ROOTS OF DANZKA
“In the new DANZKA visual identity, we have focused on the aluminium bottle, which is a classic piece of Danish design. The entire DANZKA identity is therefore consequently based on creating a simple Nordic atmosphere around the product to highlight its Danish origins. DANZKA vodka is primarily sold in airport duty free shops across most of the world, which is why it’s so important that its Scandinavian ties is expressed clearly,” says Chief Design Officer at Jacob Jensen Design Timothy Jacob Jensen.
At DANZKA, Rüdiger Behn, fourth-generation distiller at DANZKA, is very pleased with the new design and elaborates:
“We’re very happy with the new visual identity. We’ve wanted our communication to express the Scandinavian way of life through the DANZKA DNA – an authentic, aesthetically and pure lifestyle. Jacob Jensen Design has succeeded beyond our
NEW PREMIUM VODKA MARKS NEW VISUAL COMMUNICATION DESIGN
As part of their collaboration with DANZKA, the Danish design house has also developed the graphic design of the brand’s new premium vodka: THE SPIRIT. With the black surface and minimalist graphic expression of the bottle, Jacob Jensen aims to visualise the connection between content and form in the new high-quality vodka.
“DANZKA is famous for its iconic aluminium bottle designed by Johannes Torpe, and it’s a great honour to get the opportunity to contribute with our take on a new interpretation of the bottle for DANZKA THE SPIRIT. We have emphasised
the shape with a matte finish, which also lends the surface a soft texture. The graphics have been minimized and printed in silver, which adds further character to the bottle,” explains Timothy Jacob Jensen.
THE LIMFJORD LANDSCAPE USED AS BACKDROP
The idea for DANZKA THE SPIRIT was conceived by Rüdiger Behn and Timothy Jacob Jensen in the beautiful Limfjord surroundings of the Jacob Jensen Design headquarters. DANZKA THE SPIRIT is a pure vodka of 44% vol. It is made using
traditional methods for vodka distillation using wheat and naturally filtered water.
“With DANZKA THE SPIRIT, we’ve created a vodka in a league of its own. THE SPIRIT is an entirely pure vodka that gives a surprising taste experience yielding several layers of flavours and aromas. It’s the perfect combination of excellent craftsmanship, purity and taste. The graphic design by Jacob Jensen contributes to the impression that this is a highquality vodka,” Rüdiger Behn finishes.
FACTS ON THE COLLABORATION BETWEEN JACOB JENSEN DESIGN AND DANZKA:
- Jacob Jensen Design is behind a notable revitalisation of the entire DANZKA visual communication platform.
- The new visual identity focuses on the aluminium bottle as a classic piece of Danish design. The entire identity is consequently based on creating a simple Nordic atmosphere around the product to highlight its Danish origins.
- Jacob Jensen Design has developed the graphic design for the new premium vodka DANZKA THE SPIRIT. The shape of the bottle has been emphasised with a matte finish, which also lends its surface a soft texture. The graphics have been minimized and printed in silver, which adds further character to the bottle.
- DANZKA THE SPIRIT was launched at the Tax Free World Exhibition in Cannes in 2016, October 3, 2016
- Danish photographer Line Thit Klein is behind the pictures of the new DANZKA visual identity.
- DANZKA is owned by Waldemar Behn GmbH, a German, family-owned company with a long tradition of producing and selling distilled spirits and beverages.
- DANZKA THE SPIRIT will be available in international Duty free retail during Winther 2016/2017
Recommended retail price of approx. 30 EURO / 33 USD.